Our mission reflects our understanding of the diverse needs of our students, as well as our belief that fostering well-prepared and socially responsible members of our community is our most important goal. The Board of School administration put a higher priority on advances in teachers’s compensation, benefits, and work climate in the region.
Open position: Mandarin Immersion (Grades K-12)
Universal Advance Academy, Chinese School, is currently seeking Elementary and Secondary Mandarin Immersion teachers (Grades K-12). Candidates must have a strong desire to develop the Chinese Mandarin language skills of our young learners. Opportunities are available to collaborate with other Mandarin language teachers and work within the program to ensure quality education is provided to our students.
Students learn Mandarin from K through Grade 12, and are encouraged and supported to achieve a high level of proficiency by dedicated teachers working in a well-established and a core value driven educational institute.
Qualified and successful applicants will be offered a part-time based teaching career with the Institute.
“Must have” Qualifications:
- Canadian residency and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be committed to their own learning and professional development.
- An appropriate academic background and preparation for teaching Mandarin, with excellent command of the language, both oral & written in Mandarin and English
- Experience working with a diverse range of language learners
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, and a willingness to work with initiative
- A warm, caring professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- Endorse the school’s mission and vision statement.
“Nice to have” Skills
- Valid BC Teaching Certificate is preferred.
- Experience teaching in a technology-rich environment would be an asset.
- Given the location of the schools, applicants must provide their own transportation.
Note: Successful applicants would be required to consent to a Criminal Record Search prior to employment. Only those persons selected for interviews will be contacted. To all others, thank you for your interest.